Freitag, 12. Oktober 2012

YAEOB - Yet Another Eve Online Blog

My first encounter with Eve Online was way back in 2005 or 2006. I played for several months and enjoyed the experience a lot. It was way better than any other game I had ever played.
Which are a lot, as I am 42 years old and had my first home computer when I was 12. And I am a computer nerd, so it is safe to say that I know what I am talking about in that regard.
Eve Online is like Elite on steroids, that's probably enough to know. It is a dream come true for every serious gamer, who got fed up with themeparks and non-persistent environments.
Sadly I stopped playing in 2006, because the guys I was playing with were serious carebears, my real friends all flocked back to WoW and I got bored with missions in Highsec.

In May of 2011 I felt the strong need to play Eve again and quickly created a new account (I forgot my old account details). Two friends of me joined in (I play computer games with them for almost 20 years now) and the fun started. I got emerged into Eve gameplay very heavily, started to consume blogs and online resources like crazy. And now, after 1.5 years it is time to start my own blog (which noone will read).

In the following blog posts I will try to sum up what I experienced the last 1.5 years with my (now) 2 accounts, the events that lead to ~today~. As soon as that summary posts are done I will switch to a day by day posting format.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen