Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2012

Superblob

As I mentioned yesterday, my last T1 cruiser got recently blown up and I needed new ones. Also I "invented" a frigate fitting some weeks ago, that really instantly locks bombers and covert ops frigates.
The weeks before the invasion we had many stealthbombers in our home systems, who (sad enough) managed to blow up a lot of expensive ratting ships.
The frigate fitting I created helped put a stop to that. It has a scan resolution of 2400+ and enough dps to kill a bomber. Also enough speed to not let it escape once locked and pointed. I blew up quite some bombers in it and scared off many more. I know this for a fact, because I chatted with one of the TEST bomber pilots about it (there are actually some nice people in TEST. Few, but they exist).
It goes like this:

[Atron, Bomblock]
Highslots:
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Midslots:
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Lowslots:
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Overdrive Injector System II
Rigs:
Small Targeting System Subcontroller I
Small Targeting System Subcontroller I
Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator

It doesn't have any tank to speak of, that's true. But for fighting bombers it does not need any.
If the bomber pilot does everything correct when jumping through a gate, you still won't get him.
But the slightest break between breaking gatecloak and activating covert ops cloak and he is locked.
This is a very inexpensive and very fun ship to fly. Just be sure you do only combat ships that can't hit you as you have literally no tank.
The last one of those I lost, when trying to spiral in on two sniper Tornados from 150km away. I was only 40km away, with overheated Disruptor ready when I lost transversal for a bit and got hit...well, next time :)

Anyway I disgress. What I wanted to say is, that I also needed more of those. And I want to try a Thorax. I fly in Deimos HACs a lot, but they are a bit expensive to jump solo into a gatecamp and die. The Thorax hopefully will provide enough fun for solo roams for cheaper. So I logged an alt in and went to Jita to buy all that stuff and set up a courier contract to get all freightered to LGK. I hope it will arrive the next 2 days.
Not much else happened yesterday, we formed a CTA with 120 sniper Tornados and went to a safe POS. Then our Teamspeak was DDOSd (how low can you go?). We switched to Red Overlord comms, but our enemies did not arrive after waiting for 40 minutes and we docked up. Exact at this moment the enemy fleet jumped in with a capital fleet and bubbled the station. Spies obviously (again...how low can you go?).
Much credit to our FC, who wanted to fight anyway...(if it were my teamspeak server, I would drag those attackers to court and fight there honestly...) we switched to armor battleships, I jumped into an Oneiros with James. We undocked and tried to shoot a carrier, to no avail. After we had lost around 6 battleships we had to redock.
Also an Against ALL Authorities Ragnarok class Titan was lost shortly before downtime (or so I was told).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen